Dentures from your dentists in Charlotte, North Carolina, can give you back your smile
When you stop smiling, it can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence, causing you to avoid social situations. If you are missing teeth, you will lose some chewing ability, affecting your digestion and your overall health. If you have badly damaged, missing, or severely painful dental problems, a denture can restore your smile and your self-confidence. Dr. Don Timpton at Carmel Commons Dental in Charlotte, NC, offers a wide range of dental services including dentures to give you back your smile.
You can lose teeth for many reasons including severe tooth decay, periodontal disease, a failed root canal, or dental trauma. Fortunately, the right denture can restore the strength and beauty of a full smile. Today’s dentures fit well, are built to last, and are made of natural-looking materials you will be proud to show off.
There are several types of dentures, and your Charlotte, NC, dentist can help you select the denture that is right for you. Consider:
- An immediate denture, which is delivered immediately after tooth extraction, so you never have to be without teeth. Immediate dentures are meant to be a temporary solution because a more durable conventional denture will be made after your tissue has healed.
- A conventional denture, which is a sturdy denture meant to be a permanent solution to tooth loss. Conventional dentures are made after your tissue has healed completely, typically after 6 to 8 weeks. Conventional dentures have the advantage of you only getting used to a single denture.
- An implant-supported denture, which is snapped in place over dental implants. Implant-supported dentures help to maintain the bone in your jaw and have the added support and stability dental implants offer.
- A conventional partial denture, which is a sturdy appliance to replace a few missing teeth and not an entire arch. Conventional partials are placed after your tissue has healed completely after 6 to 8 weeks.
- A transitional partial denture, which is meant as a temporary solution while you are waiting for dental implants
For more detailed information about dentures, please visit the Removable Dentures page on the Carmel Commons Dental website at https://www.carmelcommonsdental.com/articles/dear_doctor/509333-removable-dentures
Dentures can help you by restoring your smile and your self-esteem. You deserve to enjoy eating the foods you love, without worrying about your teeth. To find out more about how dentures can help your smile and your life, call (704) 540-2443 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Timpton at Carmel Commons Dental in Charlotte, NC, today!